The following are the graduation criteria established by both the state of Minnesota and the Maple River School Board, which Maple River High School adheres to. If you have any specific inquiries regarding the details provided on this page, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our high school.
Students complete the academic standards by taking a core course of study that equips them with the knowledge and skills they need for success in postsecondary education, highly skilled work, and civic life. In order to graduate, your child’s high school coursework must include at least the minimum state course credit requirements plus courses required by the Mapleton Board of Education. A course credit is equivalent to a student successfully completing an academic year of study or mastering the subject matter, as determined by the local school district. Maple River students must complete a minimum of 24.5 course credits as follows:
- 4 credits of language arts
- 3 credits of mathematics, including algebra, geometry, statistics and probability sufficient to satisfy the standards. Students in the graduating class of 2015 and beyond must complete an algebra II credit or its equivalent as part of the 3-credit requirement. In addition to the high school credits, students in the graduating class of 2015 and beyond must also complete an algebra credit by the end of eighth grade.
- 3 credits of science, including a biology credit. In addition, students in the graduating class of 2015 and beyond must complete a chemistry, physics, or Career and Technical Education (CTE) credit as part of the 3-credit requirement. (The CTE credit must meet the standards underlying the chemistry or physics credit.)
- 4.5 credits of social studies, including U.S. history, geography, government and citizenship, world history and economics.
- 1 credit in the arts
- 0.5 credits in Personal Finance
- 7 elective credits
An agriculture course may fulfill a general science credit requirement. A CTE course may fulfill a general science, mathematics, or arts credit requirement. School districts may require additional course credits or other requirements for graduation beyond the minimum required by the state.
Are you curious about Maple River's graduation rate? Explor Maple River School District and State of Minnesota Data through Minnesota SLEDS.